Saturday, January 7, 2012

Foxy Lady- Jimi Hendrix



Vintage tee/shorts, thigh-highs from a dance shop, clogs from Sam Edelman

I love old vintage tees, especially old band/concert shirts.  I don't know if it's because they're so durable or because of the 'worn in' look, but I'm so obsessed.  My dad was a hippie back in the 60s/70s and owns about 2 dozen of these tees (what he savaged from what my mom might have thrown out).  Growing up I would always borrow them and wore them as dresses since they were a tad bit too big.  As I get older, I always thought my dad would give them to me, but he ended up passing them down to my younger brother.  I was so bummed.  But it made sense, my brother IS in a rock band and he IS studying percussion and sound engineer at MI.  Fast forward 2 years and as fate would have it, I am now the proud (stylish) owner of those old band shirts!!!!  ***Thanks younger brother for still growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment