Friday, January 20, 2012

Not Cool

Let me share my opinion of the two newest bills that are UNCOOL, the Protect IP Act (aka PIPA) and the Stope Online Piracy Act (aka SOPA).  These two bills (one from the Senate and the other from the House), if passed, will censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business.  Large online corporations such as Google and Apple and millions of internet users have already opposed the PIPA and SOPA.  And this includes us!  What would happen to our online community of bloggers?  Would they censor our creative outlets?  What about music?  Or how we search for random stuff online?  Without Wikipedia, how will I prove to lover boy that I'm right.  Thanks to Youtube, I keep my sanity at work by rocking out to my favorite tunes. 

We've all worked too hard and shared too much to let this happen.  Our founding fathers would turn in their graves if they know we let this happen.  The Senate will begin voting on January 24th.  Please let them know how you feel.  Click here to sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it's too late.

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad that you wrote about this on your blog to promote awareness. I completely agree with you! I hope either of them don't pass also.

    Love your San Francisco pictures. It's been a couple years since I have been there! I need to revisit. Hope you're having an amazing Friday!

    ReplyDelete